3.4.12

Ekoplekz interview for 06:00am


Ekoplekz couldn't say he enjoyed answering part of the Proust Questionnaire but at least, as he replied, it made a refreshing change!



What is your most marked characteristic?

In physical terms? I dunno. I'm pretty boring to look at. I've always cultivated a fairly neutral look. It hides all the outrageous thoughts swimming around in my head.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

Gentlemanly conduct.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Patience, understanding, nice legs..

What do you most value in your friends?

Being there when I need them. Leaving me the fuck alone when I don't. You don't wanna be one of my friends. 

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Difficult to narrow it down. I have a natural inclination to drift into listless inactivity. i'm far too self-absorbed. I never remember people's birthdays. The list goes on...

What is your favorite occupation?

Occupation as in 'work'? None. Occupation as in 'things I like doing in my spare time'? Crate-digging...web-surfing...pissing about making electronic music...

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Nothing to do, and all day to do it.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

Dealing with shit.

In which country would you like to live?

I'm fairly happy where I am, though a little town like Biel in Switzerland would suit me fine as well.

Who are your favorite writers?

Phillip k. Dick, Kurt Vonnegut, J.G. Ballard..y'know, the usual stuff

Who are your favorite poets?

Not a big poetry fan...but my dad got me into Tennyson early on..

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

Steve Austin aka The Six Million Dollar Man

Who is your favorite heroine of fiction?

I've been thinking about this for several minutes, but nothing is coming. This is slightly troubling, but in my defense, I do have several non-fictional heroines.

Who are your favorite composers?

I'm not really comfortable with the term 'composer' and all it implies. but there are many 'organizers of sound' who I admire. too many to list here. although i suppose i could try to narrow it down to a few representative examples. but i don't want to. the question irritates me. i'm not sure why...

Who are your favorite painters?

Cezanne, Kandinsky, Mondrian, Lichtenstein, Warhol,...most of my tastes in painting were formed as a teenager. I haven't really kept-up with recent trends. I'm sure there's some great painters out there today...

What is it that you most dislike?

Difficult to narrow it down, really. The older I get, the more I dislike. 

Which talent would you most like to have?

Anything would do, really...

How would you like to die?

quietly, in my sleep, at the age of 92.

What is your current state of mind?

Agitated, impatient, distracted...just your average 21st Century mindstate.

What is your motto?

Never get out of the boat...unless you're goin' all the way…

_____________

spring treat: a nice little dubbed-out studio jam for which we thank him very much

_________________
      http://www.facebook.com/Ekoplekz

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: