15.12.14

Σtella interview for 06:00am


How was your day?

It didn't start great, but its getting better.

What is good music for you? Can you describe it by referring to some of its characteristics?

Good music has to make sense in a way. For me a good song feels like someone just gave me a key to a room i had never entered before, but knew that existed and always had a yearning to go.
I don't believe it has to have specific characteristics or anything else specific. If it can take you places, then its good.

How would you describe your music to someone that hasn't listened to it?

This is something I'm having trouble with, when someone asks me "what kind of music do you play" i really don't know what to say so i hum a lot, pretending I'm thinking and after some minutes i say pop because i know they know the word, and maybe its close to what i play, but in general i think my songs have little bits of different genres inside them.

What is love?

Love is something different for everyone, but we all use the same word for it.

What is your first musical memory?

A mix of an old Greek folk song and a cool version of (i can't get no) Satisfaction.

One thing you wish you could change about yourself?

I wish i would exercise more, be more active in general, do sports, climb mountains, walls, jump fences, swim all year long, i miss these qualities of my childhood.

Tell us the story of your first kiss.

It was with a really good friend of mine and we put a bed sheet between our lips because we were not suppose to be doing what we where doing. For several reasons.

What is your inspiration in music? How do you approach your creative practice, that is, how do you like to work?

My inspiration comes from situations. Situations i am in, situations i wanna get in, situations i can't get out of, situations of others, fantastic situations etc.
Usually when I'm in a weird state of mind i tend to write more.

What is the role of art?

let me Google that one.

How does it feel like to perform live?

I feel very transparent.

If all the radios in the world suddenly, simultaneously, played the same song which song would it have to be?

Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals

What is beauty for you?

Beauty for me is my girlfriends face.

Who is your favorite painter?

Luc Tuymans

To know a woman well somebody has to know well her father?

You never really know who a woman's father is.

What are your plans for the future regarding releases live shows etc?

I m waiting for my album to be released in January 2015 via Inner Ear Records and hopefully I'm gonna do a lot of live shows after that!

Can you send us a picture of you and of someplace or something that best illustrates your current state of mind to post along with your answers?



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: